Are you tired of your outdated bathroom and ready for a fresh look? Bathroom remodeling can be a big challenge, but with the right strategy, it can also be a rewarding and budget-friendly project. There are many ways to give your bathroom a new look, from minor adjustments to extensive renovations. Check out these easy, do-it-yourself, and cost-effective bathroom remodeling suggestions.
- Update the layout: If you’re tired of how your bathroom is set up, think about changing it. Your space’s size and shape will determine whether there are any opportunities to change the layout to make it more useful and effective. For instance, consider installing a new vanity or moving the toilet to a more practical location.
- Replace the vanity: The vanity is often the focal point of any bathroom, and it can greatly impact the overall look and feel of the space. If your current vanity is outdated or damaged, consider replacing it with a new one. There are various choices, such as classic wood vanities, contemporary floating vanities, and chic glass-topped options.
- Install new tiles: Tiles are a classic choice for bathroom flooring, and they come in a wide range of colors, styles, and materials. If your current tiles are outdated or damaged, consider replacing them with new ones. Many affordable options include ceramic, porcelain, and vinyl tiles. You can also get creative by using tiles to create a backsplash or accent wall.
- Update the shower: The shower is often the centerpiece of any bathroom, and a new one can make a big impact. There are many options, including traditional shower stalls, walk-in showers, and steam showers. When selecting a new shower, consider the size of your space, budget, and personal preferences.
- Replace the toilet: If your toilet is old or damaged, consider replacing it with a new one. There are many options, including traditional two-piece toilets, modern one-piece models, and dual-flush options that can save water. When selecting a new toilet, consider the size of your space, budget, and personal preferences.
- Add storage: No matter how big or small your bathroom is, it’s always helpful to have plenty of storage space. Consider adding new cabinets, shelving, or a medicine cabinet to keep your bathroom organized and clutter-free. Paint your cabinets with vibrant and contrasting colors that match the overall look of your bathroom to add vibrancy to the bathroom.
- Install new lighting: Proper lighting is essential in any bathroom and can make a big difference in the overall look and feel of the space. Consider updating your current lighting fixtures or adding additional light sources like sconces or pendant lights.
- Update the plumbing: If your plumbing is outdated or in disrepair, it can be a major inconvenience and potentially even a safety hazard. Consider replacing old pipes, faucets, and other plumbing fixtures to improve the function and efficiency of your bathroom.
- Add a new mirror: A new mirror can make a big difference in any bathroom with boldly patterned wallpaper by adding glam. Nothing updates a small space more quickly than a weekend DIY wallpaper project. A gilded mirror, which gives the user space a little sparkle, completes the design.
- Paint the walls: A fresh coat of paint can go a long way in giving your bathroom a new look. Consider using a bright and cheerful color to add personality to your space, or opt for a neutral tone for a more classic look.
- Update the flooring: If your current bathroom is outdated or in disrepair, consider replacing it with new flooring. There are many options to choose from. For example, you can refresh your existing wooden flooring or paint using bathroom-compatible paints with a tint of white enamel for a more natural look. You could also add an accent rug or opt for vinyl flooring options.
- Use Color to Accessorize: You can get a new look without picking up a hammer. During the day, update soft surfaces to refresh any bath. If you’re feeling crafty, new window treatments, rugs, towels, and shower curtains will add color to a neutral bathroom. You can also cover storage bins with wide ribbons to add more color.
- Substitute with a Secondhand Hand Item: Grab a console or occasional table at the flea market for a few dollars, then transform it into a vanity in the primitive design. A table also provides a stable surface at a comfortable height for a vessel-style sink. Install a faucet after repurposing the top. Alternatively, use a wall-mount tap to avoid having to cut the table. Apply coats of clear polyurethane to the wood top to protect it from moisture.
- Putting up a Beadboard: A beadboard can add architectural interest to a simple bathroom. Panel installation takes less time and costs less money than individual board installation. The panels, offered in lightweight 4×8-foot sheets for about $20 each, are essentially indistinguishable from real beadboard. Another option is to add a shiplap to the bathroom walls to give it a farmhouse vibe. Another way to add interest is with ceramic tiles.
- Add Some Vintage Charm: Look for hidden gems at flea markets to give your bath some personality. Architectural salvage yards and online auction sites are the best places to find vintage bathtubs, sinks, countertops, flooring, benches, and unique accents.
- Include White Accessories: Choose white materials for your must-have features to save thousands of dollars on bathroom remodeling, and it also visually expands a small space. Because more manufacturers produce and sell white sinks, tubs, and toilets, their prices are lower than those of their colored counterparts.
These are some of the common ways in which you can remodel your bathroom and save money to achieve your desired look. If it’s time to give your bathroom some attention, we would love to help you. Best Enterprises General Contractors have licensed bathroom contractors near you who can help you with budget bathroom remodeling. Contact us today to get innovative ideas and a free estimate for any home improvement services.